Use our projects to discover and investigate Garden Superheroes in the Great Outdoors
Our latest Garden Superheroes series is a captivating and action-packed set of three mini projects that cleverly combines the world of Superheroes with the remarkable powers of nature.
The projects open with a captivating Launch activity where the children discover larger than life minibeast clues leading them to meet Professor Eyeball, a nature superhero. Working alongside the Professor the children explore the fascinating world of garden creatures and their very special talents.
Each project has:
- 1. 5 teaching experiences
- 2. Ideas to help children practice & apply learning in the environment
- 3. Key questions for adults to help move children’s learning forward
- 4. Direct links with the curriculum
- 5. Ways to support under and over achieving children
- 6. Ways to promote writing and maths
- 7. Signposts to help adults make appropriate observations of learning
Sensational Spiders Project includes the following fun activities:
- Spider Olympics (PD): Work as a team to become a successful spider
- Spider Legs (M): Be a spider vet and solve spider problems
- Spider Adventure (L): Hunt for spiders and collect ideas to help you write
Wondrous Worms Project includes the following fun activities:
- Worm Workout (PD): Stretch your muscles as you exercise like a worm
- Measuring Worms (M): Take the superhero challenge and get measuring!
- Musical Worms (ExA&D): Learn a silly song and accompany it with different sounds
Splendiferous Snails Project includes the following fun activities:
- Snail Power (PD): Find out how strong you are by completing the snail challenge.
- Snail Sound (L): Join a sound family and experiment with words.
- Round and Round We Go (ExA&D): Explore and experiment to fill an art gallery
Take the learning outside and get your children exploring, talking, sharing and finding out more about the great outdoors. Use our creative ideas to help you build a class of curious learners who think creatively and love a new challenge!
Our next exciting series Bags, Boxes and Bits will be out soon. Look out for the first in this series to help with transition for September.
- Subject: Eco Education
- Date Posted: 01 May 2013
You may also be interested in...