Tilly’s At Home Holiday by Gillian Hibbs
Tilly’s friends are all going to exciting places for their holidays, but she is staying at home. Mum says they’ll have a great time together, but Tilly thinks it’s impossible to have any holiday fun at home! Or is it?
Gillian Hibbs’s debut picture book is a testament to the power of reading and the imagination. Tilly and her mum will inspire all readers to have their own close-to-home adventures!
The following features make Tilly’s At Home Holiday the perfect book to read to your class in the final days of the school year:
• Vibrant and detailed illustrations.
• Stimulates children into exercising their imagination during the school holidays.
• Inspires a variety of both indoor and outdoor low-cost summer activities
such as swimming, reading, picnicking and making tents out of blankets.
• Excellent resource to encourage your pupils to discuss their summer plans with confidence – particularly those who are not going away on holiday.
• Use as a starting point for classroom activities such as creating scrapbooks, teaching pupils about what their local area has to offer and letting children embellish an account of an event with fantasy elements in a creative writing exercise.
• Suggests simple and enjoyable ways in which children can share their free time with adults – whether they be elderly relatives, guardians, or carers.
INTEREST AGE: 3 to 8 years