The Leading Magazine for Primary Educators
OPAL Play Development Programme for Primary Schools.
Posted: 01 Mar 2013
It is proven to be effective in creating lasting improvements in the quality of play in schools!
Developed by local government school improvement service, tested for six years, independently evaluated by two universities, report published by National Children’s Bureau, cited to the Select Committee for Education as best practice.
Want better play? Tried the trim trail, the dinner lady training, the play buddies and the skipping workshop? Now try something proven to be highly effective in making outdoor play and learning in schools much much better!
The OPAL Outdoor Play and Learning programme was developed by the school improvement service of South Gloucestershire Council, tested in over 70 schools, and is the only play in schools programme to have an independent evaluation published by the National Children’s Bureau.
It is proven to be effective in creating lasting improvements in the quality of play in schools leading to:
- Dramatically less staff time spent dealing with negative behaviour
- Increased children’s enjoyment of school
- Affordable solutions to improve the quality of outdoor play and learning
The OPAL programme includes:
- Eight support and development meetings spread over a year
- Audit of current quality of provision
- School play development strategy and improvement action planning
- An INSET to agree a school play policy based on staffs’ values to be used as a basis for all future decision making
- Parents’ meeting to support school policy
- Support on the design and creation of a long term grounds improvement plan
- Quick wins and affordable improvements advice
- Unlimited phone and email support
- An e-pack pack of tools, resources and notes based on twelve years of experience.
In 2011 South Gloucestershire Council transferred sole rights to offer The OPAL Outdoor Play and Learning Programme to the OPAL Community Interest Company.
Step 1. Find out more at www.outdoorplayandlearning.org.uk and Facebook OPAL CIC
Step 3. Book a free initial meeting
FREE* Phonics & Grammar Book Bundle from Jolly LearningSubscribe