Sherston Software is making its online learning platform, Planet Sherston FREE for all UK primary schools. So, what is Planet Sherston, why is it now free and how does your school sign up? Cathy Parker, Sherston’s Education Consultant explains.
For those that are new to Planet Sherston, this interactive online digital world is designed to help students learn English, Maths and Science using engaging, game-based activities. It is now freely available to all primary schools in the UK. Take a look at what we are giving away:
• Over 3000 English, Maths and Science resources all mapped to the curriculum and individual ‘I can’ statements
• Easy-to-use tools to create and assign tasks
• Automatic marking
• Progress tracking
• An adaptive learning engine
• A pupil interface that matches the best in modern gaming sites
Although there are a lot of free resources available now, teachers still have to invest a significant amount of their own effort and time to find and vet these and then to decide how to use them in their school. Never before have teachers benefitted from having the functionality that you get in Planet Sherston, including the automated marking, adaptive learning engine, progress tracking and the high quality, curriculum-mapped content that goes with it, all for free.
So, why the grand giveaway?
We want to give all primary students and teachers the benefit of our award-winning content, at no cost to schools because we are confident that Planet Sherston will help pupils of all abilities to improve their skills in the three core subjects; English, Maths and Science. In fact, we believe you will like it so much, that you will want to invest your time and your school’s money to purchase some or all of the additional paid for Premium modules.
Planet Sherston Premium modules include:
• Home Access Module - to extend pupils’ learning outside the classroom and empower them to learn wherever and whenever they’re ready to learn.
• Computing Module - 10 adventures and over 128 activities that deliver coding, e-safety, spreadsheets, databases and much more besides.
• Rainforest Coding Module - interactive activities that gradually introduce and reinforce Scratch coding techniques and structures.
• Humanities Module - bring History, Geography, Religious Studies and PSHE to life with this topic-based resource featuring hundreds of high-quality videos, resource sheets and activities.
• School Management Service - Let us take care of creating your pupils and managing your class transfers - so that you can focus on the thing you’re best at: teaching.
So why not sign your school up for a completely FREE for life subscription to Planet Sherston today and see for yourself the impact on learning and engagement in your school.
There isn’t a catch. It really is free.
Paul Durham - The Luck Uglies
Bursting with creativity
NFER School Surveys