Bringing the kitchen... into the classroom
For primary schools without food technology rooms… the Mobile Cook is a fantastic new concept for teaching practical cooking to KS1 & KS2 pupils, within their own classroom. The children choose, plan and prepare the lessons ingredients, the teacher then cooks the prepared food in front of them, demonstrating different types of cooking techniques.
The benefits of the Mobile Cook Station
- Space saving - No need for a Food Technology Room.
- Saving money - No need to commission and service a Food Technology Room, save
many tens of thousands of pounds in each school.
- Reducing the health and safety risks - Young children not handling hot equipment.
- Reduced staffing levels - Not having to care for young children in a Food Technology
- Room when handling hot equipment.
- Less disruption to the children - Taking the practical cooking lessons in their own
- Mobile - The Mobile Cook Station can be moved from class to class, room to room.
- Multiple Mobile Cook Stations - Different classes and key stages can teach practical
cooking at the same time, not struggling to accommodate the whole school in a single
Food Technology Room.
- Versatile - Can be used for after school clubs, m.a.t.ch. workshops, children and
parent groups, breakfast clubs, cookathons, fund raising and many more…
- Safety Standards - Complies with the European British Standard EN 60335-2-6
- Subject: Ace-Computing
- Date Posted: 02 January 2014
You may also be interested in...