The Leading Magazine for Primary Educators
IDL is a Literacy and Specialist Dyslexia Intervention that’s Simple and Effective!
Posted: 27 Nov 2017
IDL (Literacy) is an individually tailored, specialist dyslexia intervention program developed by education charity, Ascentis
The program is used in over 1,500 primary and secondary schools across the country.
In school or at home, your learners will be able to assess their automatically generated lesson plan.
- Interactive learning using sight, sound, touch and voice
- Learners work at their own level and pace
- Monitor your learners’ lessons and performance, print certificates and produce graphs along the way
- One tutor can support many learners
- Grammar rules tightly structured and sequenced
- Learners choose their own text and background colours
- Management information including pupil progress reports
Why choose IDL?
Enhances self-confidence and self-esteem. Proven to increase reading and spelling by 11 months in just 26 hours of learning.
The teachers’ choice
- Structured, sequential, cumulative learning
- Over 900 specially graded lessons
- Complete multi-sensory approach
- Cloud based tracking of pupil progression
What schools say
“A brilliant programme all round. It’s good that you can easily have 4/5 pupils working individually… Excellent results. Ofsted were impressed”.
Penwortham Girls High School, Preston