Crack the secret of reading comprehension!
What is Cracking Comprehension?
Cracking Comprehension is an effective range of resources that have been developed specifically for the new 2014 curriculum to improve reading comprehension skills across the whole school.
Covering Years 2-6, with a mix of interactive whiteboard activities, practice texts and assessment tasks, Cracking Comprehension allows teachers to model, and children to practise those skills and techniques needed to improve reading comprehension skills.
How does Cracking Comprehension work?
Using a step-by-step approach it teaches children the skills and strategies they need to successfully explain their understanding of a wide range of texts, and offers ideas to extend their enjoyment of, and engagement with, reading.
There are nine comprehension units for each Year, three per term: one each of fiction, non-fiction and poetry or play scripts from well-known authors such as Dick King-Smith, Jacqueline Wilson, Michael Rosen, Carol Ann Duffy and many more.
What do you get?
Each comprehensive Year group pack includes:
A CD-ROM for the whiteboard containing:
• 9 interactive teaching texts and questions
• Audio read-throughs of each text for listening comprehension work
• Further printable texts and activities
• A permanent whole-school licence
A Teacher’s Guide with clear and supportive teacher’s notes and:
• A bank of comprehension questions linked to the teaching texts
• 9 further practice texts and questions
• Answers, curriculum links and suggestions for further reading
An Assessment Tasks book containing:
• 12 photocopiable tasks, each covering two AFs
• Detailed assessment guidance linked to the outcomes from each task
• Pupil progress and target sheets for structured feedback and further planning
• Also includes a CD-ROM with editable versions of the tasks and PDFs of all teacher’s notes
To find out more and download your free samples visit www.risingstars-uk.com/cracking
Make your class Data Champions with Barefoot