The Leading Magazine for Primary Educators
Arts On The Move!
Posted: 02 Jan 2014
Arts On The Move publishes great plays for schools, youth theatres and drama groups.
With large casts, differentiated reading levels and appealing characters, the plays are ideal for shared reading, great as a learning resource or perfect for performance.
Plays to Support Curriculum Learning:
- Whistle As You Walk Away. Set in the Victorian cotton mills
- The Big Ship Sails. Explores the British child migration scheme
- Sausages For Tea. An excellent mini play set during WW2
- The Rise and Fall of Lord Macbeth. A great adaptation of Shakespeare’s tragedy
Christmas Plays and Musicals:
- The Xmas Factor. A lovely and lively interpretation of the nativity story
- Crime Doesn’t Pay. A gentle comedy based on a short story by Thomas Hardy
- A Suitably Happy Ending – The Musical! A fabulous musical written for young performers
Or, for a unique fantasy play that your actors and audiences will love, try the multi award-winning Harry Rings, Lord of the Potters. This play won three trophies, including the David Nelson Cup ‘Best Play in the Highlands’ for Loch Duich School in their Youth Drama Festival. It also won ‘Best Junior Production’ for Heald Green Theatre Company Junior Group at the Wilmslow One Act Festival. It’s one of the funniest plays ever!
Arts On The Move play ‘A Suitably Happy Ending’ – review from Amazon
‘As a year 6 teacher I found this an excellent resource to use for our end of year production. The script is well written, easy for the children to use yet with lots of funny lines - for both the kids and the adults to enjoy. The plot is based on a traditional tale, yet with the added twist of Jack failing his SATs tests. This causes great shame to his family and he is banished to the large and spooky forest where he encounters goblins, witches and a royal palace! There are several main characters as well as the general cast (we used a class of 25 children).
I would certainly recommend this for use with children aged between 7 and 11.’
- Downloads (£10.00) include full cast/character lists, comprehensive production and staging notes, plus great ideas for follow-on drama and literacy work.
- Paperbacks (£15.00) include full cast list, plus a free Performing Rights Licence for up to five school performances. Stock is now limited.
Multiple copies can be made/printed for reading or rehearsal purposes, making the plays from Arts On The Move excellent value as well as excellent quality!
Visit www.artsonthemove.co.uk and click on ‘e-shop’ to see the full range of titles.